Wednesday, May 28, 2014

iBook Author




My culminating project this year for Anatomy was to have my students use iBooks Author to create class books on topics of their choice.  I figured I would need to teach myself how to use iBooks Author in case they had questions so I wrote a short book.  I wasn't planning on publishing it, but it was actually kind of fun so I finished it.  

I shared 7 projects that we did in class this year, the rubrics, and some student examples. You can download iPads in Life Science from iBooks .     

My students created books on topics from how to have a healthy pregnancy to how to not gain the freshman 15 when they go off to college next year.  They had 1-2 editors for the class book and other students were assigned jobs as page writers, illustrators, design and layout, etc.  Based on their reflections after publication, next year if I repeat this project, I will have smaller groups and more clearly defined job roles so the work is more evenly distributed.  

Here are some examples:

Gabby's Book - My Developing Baby
This book covers how babies develop during the three trimesters and how to make sure you have a healthy pregnancy.  They drew all the images in this book on their iPad.

Emma's Book - College 101
This book covers how to stay healthy your first year of college and avoid gaining the "freshman fifteen".

Stacey's book - How To Handle Your Pregnancy
Tips on a healthy pregnancy.






5 comments:

  1. Its high time to admire authors skills and specially I would like to admire https://www.writemylitreview.com/how-we-work/ authors who have shared amazing stuff for learning of young students.Keep sharing more.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see such interesting post after long time and this kind of literature is really informative so guys you also click here for more details.Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have great love for books and I really liked your this effort.To check more info I want to visit your page in some free time as I am very busy these days so can't give more time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can learn get online medical books through ibook author. You have the large list of books of medical students. If anyone are wants to get details info about any medical terms then follow the ibook author. I found http://www.statementofpurposemba.net/best-mba-statement-of-purpose-for-technology-management/ service for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ibook author is fantastic idea where i can get helpful link from many interesting sources. Writers are doing best job and i personally admire them a lot.

    ReplyDelete