If you teach elementary school and want to join us, its pretty easy...just subscribe to our free class in iTunes U on your iDevice! Here is how it works...
Choose from these available activities -- or do them all!
(1) Encourage your class to take a health challenge. This challenge asks students to find a way to improve bone health. Once the challenge is complete, have your kids blog with us - or blog as a class and let us know what you did.
(2) Learn from our class. My students created some pretty amazing iBooks using the Book Creator App to teach basic concepts over bones and muscles. Look for material to be added by the end of the week!
(3) Do a lab or two. See how your diet alters the strength and appearance of bones or see how your flexibility is changed when you warm up before exercising.
(4) Design a better prosthetic with some very cool PBS Kids online lessons.
(5) Help us log miles by moving your bones and muscles. Submit your miles to our spreadsheet and lets see how far we can walk. Get Up and Move Challenge
SKYPE: Want to talk to us?
We would love your feedback on the lesson. What did you learn? What questions do you still have? We would also love to discuss how your society is different than ours in Texas!!
Take pictures and share them with us on Twitter using #chsAP or @jdeinhammer! Here is our photostream so far! Thanks to those that shared pictures.
Thanks to everyone that participated in the first lesson...from Coppell, Texas to Venezuela, Bejing, and the Ukraine...it has been amazing hearing from everyone! :)